What Is Telesales?
Telesales means calling potential or existing customers to sell a company’s products/services. It is often confused with telemarketing, which refers to the process of promoting a company’s products/services over the phone. Such confusion between the two stems from the fact that a telemarketer can also hold the responsibility of a telesales employee if a company doesn’t have a separate team for telesales.
Why You Should Outsource Telesales
Telesales is one of the most common functions that businesses outsource. If it’s customer service in outsourcing inbound calls, it’s either telesales or telemarketing in outsourcing outbound calls. Businesses across the globe outsource telesales to achieve the following:
- Reduce operational expenses. In outsourcing, a business will only have to think about the total payment package of outsourcing. BPO companies will be responsible for the talent and equipment, enabling businesses to incur cost savings.
- Improve sales conversion rates. The employee for telesales needs to persuade a person to buy only through phone, a medium where the voice is the only cue about the person on the other end. The service requires an excellent conversationalist with modern sales skills. A BPO company is an expert in handling non-core functions such as telesales. Businesses can expect better sales results through letting experts handle telesales.
- Have excellent sales agents immediately. While it is possible to do telesales in-house, finding the right talent and setting up the essential equipment for telesales can be costly and time-consuming. BPO companies have the talent and tools ready, enabling a business to start operations immediately.
- Monitor results easily. Depending on the agreement, BPO companies can send reports about the day-to-day performance of outsourced sales agents. This allows you to review the return on your investment easily.
Examples of Industries That Outsource Telesales
- IT and Software
- Financial services
When You Should Not Outsource Telesales
While outsourcing has become popular over the years, the practice is not for every business. If you don’t want the following, outsourcing is not for you.
- When you don’t want to focus on your core business function. Outsourcing enables a business to start telesales operations immediately. BPO companies have the essential tools and agents, leaving you time to focus on other crucial areas of your business.
- When you don’t want to gain a competitive edge. Many businesses outsource to improve sales conversion rates. BPO companies have expert agents for telesales that can guarantee results.
- When you don’t want a tranquil work environment. In doing telesales in-house, the clamor of sales agents can cause a disturbance in the work of your other employees. Outsourcing puts your in-house and virtual employees in a win-win situation.
- When you don’t want to lower operational costs. BPO companies will be responsible for the equipment, utilities, and supplies that outsourced sales agents shall need. This allows a business to cut costs and maximize productivity.
Where You Should Outsource Telesales
The Philippines is one of the most-preferred destinations in outsourcing inbound or outbound call centers. The country has been consistently sitting on the leading ranks of outsourcing destinations in the Tholons Globalization Services Index and the A.T. Kearney Global Services Location Index for consecutive years. Besides the cost-competitive advantage, there are four other primary reasons why the Philippines is a top outsourcing location. They are:
- A huge talent pool. Businesses looking for quality talent at a low cost find them in the Philippines. The BPO workforce welcomes approximately half a million competent degree-holders annually.
- Data security. Majority of the call centers in the Philippines have safety measures for data protection. Many businesses are able to find trustworthy BPO partners that can guarantee data security.
- Excellent English communicators. The country’s business and education sectors use the English language as the primary medium for discussion. This enabled Filipinos to develop a strong proficiency in speaking the language.
- The neutral accent of the Filipinos. The Philippines and India have been rivaling for the top outsourcing spot since the fledgling days of the BPO Industry. The neutrality of the Filipino accent is one of the major reasons why businesses prefer the Philippines over India as the location to outsource their inbound and outbound call centers.
Anderson Group BPO
Anderson Group BPO is an outsourcing vendor from the Philippines. Though it only began operations in 2013, it has already proven its caliber as a credible BPO provider. The combined efforts of its top management and employees enabled it to establish three sites in various central business districts in the Philippines in just a short span of time.
One of the primary functions that businesses outsource to Anderson Group BPO is telesales. The company has expert sales agents that can help businesses improve bottom lines. In fact, the company’s own sales team is a key contributor to the initial success that Anderson Group BPO has attained.
How You Should Outsource Telesales
To set the trajectory of your outsourcing investment right, follow these steps:
- Find. Surf the Internet about the top outsourcing locations worldwide and their top outsourcing vendors. List the BPO vendors that you think can best help you with telesales.
- Research. Research more about the BPO vendors that made it on your list. Find out their contact information, past and present clients, and other valuable information that can help you make the right decision about which vendor you should outsource telesales. Shortlist the BPO companies based on your research.
- Inquire. Contact the shortlisted BPO companies. Ask them further about their telesales solutions. Elaborate on the issues or challenges in your business that you want to address through outsourcing telesales.
After reaching out to the companies, assess which one is the best to partner with. After that, contact that vendor again for a deeper discussion about your partnership.
Should you wish to know more about this opportunity, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is always ready to help you.