What Is Technical Support?
Technical Support refers to the assistance that a company gives to customers that experience technical issues with products/services. Predominantly, these products are technological, electronic, and mechanical. It is similar to customer service in a sense that it also has the goal of improving customer satisfaction through resolving issues. Technical support, however, can include troubleshooting, whereas customer service mainly involves answering questions.
Depending on the company’s ability, technical support can be divided into levels or tiers. A company can go as far as having a tier 4 technical support operations. The higher the tier, the more complicated the technical issue is and the more knowledgeable the assigned tech support employee should be.
While customers now have the option to reach organizations via chat or email, many customers still prefer calling when matters are tough to explain and when they need immediate solutions. Technological, electronic, and mechanical products/services can elicit more intricate problems as compared to other products/services, making the phone medium crucial to implement for businesses selling these kinds of products/services.
Benefits of Outsourcing Technical Support
Entrepreneurs across the globe have long known the value of outsourcing. While most of them primarily outsource to reduce costs, they are also able to gain a competitive edge that can help improve bottom lines through outsourcing. In outsourcing technical support, businesses are able to enjoy the following benefits:
- 24/7 technical support. No one knows when a technical issue or problem may arise. Outsourcing gives businesses an option to provide round-the-clock technical support, allowing customers to reach organizations any time.
- Gain expert tech support agents. Many businesses outsource technical support to improve operations including response time. BPO companies have knowledgeable tech support agents and an organized process to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Lower costs. Many business owners invest in outsourcing to lower operating costs. The BPO company will be the one responsible for the equipment, technology, and other needs of outsourced technical support agents.
- Focus on primary business goals. Businesses from industries such as telecommunications and electronics outsource technical support to maximize productivity. Outsourcing helps them focus on other income-generating activities.
Examples of Industries That Outsource Technical Support
Businesses belonging to the following industries are the most common to outsource technical support:
- Information Technology and Software
When You Should Outsource Technical Support
Outsourcing has become a prevalent business activity for decades. It has helped businesses improve costs, productivity, and flexibility. Usually, a business outsources to achieve the following:
- Expand business operations in a cost-efficient way
- Improve response time
- Boost customer satisfaction
- Enable customers to call at their most convenient time
- Enhance technical support operations
- Reduce operational costs
- Improve customer retention and loyalty
- Be prepared for sudden changes in call volumes
- Maximize limited resources
Where You Can Outsource Technical Support
Outsourcing is more than a way to reduce costs. It can also help improve operations and increase bottom lines. To ensure a smart investment out of outsourcing, you must be careful in choosing the location and vendor to partner with. Think of the vendor as a business partner that can either make or break your business.
Many businesses pick the Philippines as the outsourcing destination to get their external workforce from. The Philippine BPO Industry reached significant milestones year-after-year because of the trust of businesses worldwide. Generally, business owners outsource voice support services to the Philippines including technical support. Here’s why:
- English prowess and accent neutrality. Filipinos are excellent English speakers. English is the primary language used in the country’s business and education sectors. Filipinos also have a neutral accent, making it almost impossible to know that they are non-native English speakers.
- Cultural compatibility. Filipinos are able to establish a connection among businesses easily because of their rich western influences. They are also highly-exposed to the western resources such as movies, TV series, and books.
- An educated labor force. In the latest census of the National Statistics Authority, it was revealed that the Filipinos have a literacy rate of 97.5%. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) also reveals that colleges in the Philippines produce 500, 000 graduates yearly. Local BPO Industry leaders have also implemented several initiatives to ensure the competency of new graduates in providing BPO solutions.
- Data security. In the Global Cybersecurity Index 2017, the Philippines ranked 39th among 193 countries surveyed for cybersecurity efforts. Rey Lugtu, an information security expert, credits this milestone to the local initiatives to improve data security such as the anti-wiretapping law and the data privacy act.
Anderson Group BPO
Anderson Group BPO is a rising BPO provider in the Philippines. In a span of four years, it was able to establish three branches in the major cities in the Philippines. Specifically, it has one in Ortigas, Mandaluyong, and BGC.
Anderson Group BPO associates its success to its strong client relationships. It has helped clients improve bottom lines through its exemplary delivery of BPO services. Businesses also trust Anderson Group BPO because of its commitment to ensuring data security.
Anderson Group BPO provides its technical support agents with the proper training and tools to provide optimal technical support. It has a mission to ensure that customers can derive the benefit of a client’s products/services fully through its technical support services.
How You Should Outsource Technical Support
To minimize the risks of outsourcing technical support, follow these steps.
- Identify the problem in your business operations.
- Find a solution to your problem. The Internet contains a vast amount of information about outsourcing, the top outsourcing destinations, as well as the top outsourcing companies in that location.
- Reach out a vendor that seems to be the most promising to help you. Find its contact information and reach out.
- Elaborate on the problems you have identified. The vendor will ask more questions to know which of its services is the best to help you.
The last step will determine the next events to take place. If you find the vendor convincing and trustworthy, the next step can be a deeper discussion about your partnership. Otherwise, go back to the second step. Research another BPO vendor and reach out.
If you want to know more about outsourcing technical support, we can help. Just fill the form below and our team will call you at the time you indicated.