What Is Telemarketing?
Telemarketing means calling potential or existing customers to promote a product or service. A telemarketer holds this primary responsibility if there’s also a separate team for telesales in a business. Otherwise, the telemarketer is also in charge of making a sale alongside product promotion. This condition is the reason why telemarketing and telesales are often used interchangeably.
Why You Should Outsource Telemarketing
Business owners usually outsource telemarketing after careful consideration of the following factors:
- Experience. Organizations outsource telemarketing to get the workforce that can meet their sales requirements. BPO vendors work hand-in-hand with businesses in finding people that will meet their qualifications.
- Cost. The payment package of outsourcing telemarketing is lower than the costs of hiring, training, and employing an in-house sales team. This includes the equipment and office space that the in-house team will need.
- Transparency. In outsourcing to an offshore provider, a business can save time in constantly monitoring the telemarketing activities of agents. BPO providers can hand reports so a business can easily track the performance and productivity of outsourced telemarketers.
- Efficiency. As mentioned, there are cases where a business has two separate teams for telemarketing and telesales. Once a business outsource telemarketing, it becomes the tier 1 part of the sales process. Outsourced telemarketers will provide a stream of warm leads, maximizing the productivity of the in-house sales team.
- Order. Though the clamor of telemarketers is understandable, it can still cause a disruption in the work of other employees. If a business really wants telemarketing done in-house, it’s best to dedicate a separate soundproof room for them. Its aesthetics should also be instrumental in bringing about a relaxing atmosphere for constantly-pressured telemarketers. In outsourcing, the infrastructure, equipment, and technology are ready to efficiently support a telemarketer’s daily activities.
Examples of Industries That Outsource Telemarketing
When You Should Outsource Telemarketing
Small and large businesses outsource telemarketing to be able to achieve the following:
- Boost sales
- Streamline the sales process
- Focus on core business
- Access expert telemarketers
- Generate sales-ready leads
- Avoid disturbance in the office
- Reduce operational costs
Where You Should Outsource Telemarketing
In outsourcing telemarketing, you have to think about where you can get the skilled workforce that can help you meet your sales objectives. To give you an idea, the top outsourcing destinations that businesses look into are India and the Philippines. While the former is preferred for IT solutions, the latter is more preferred for voice-related BPO services. In fact, it holds the number one spot in delivering this service for the following reasons:
- Competence of the Filipino labor force
- The neutral accent of the Filipinos
- English fluency of the Filipinos
- Heavy western influences of the Filipinos
- Work ethics of the Filipinos
How You Should Outsource Telemarketing
Here are the steps you should take once you have decided to outsource telemarketing:
- Think about the challenges you want to confront in your business.
- Research to further your knowledge about how outsourcing can help your business and the specific outsourcing solutions that can solve identified business issues.
- Contact the outsourcing vendor that you think can aid you with the challenges you face in your business.
- Elaborate the problems you want to address in your business in your discussion with the vendor.
If you have any further questions about this opportunity, kindly fill out the form below. We can discuss this in further detail with you at your most convenient time.